• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Traffic Court Changing non-guilty plead to no-low before trial?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Johnathanrs

State: Georgia

My county does a arraignment procedure. I pleaded not guilty in front of the judge and was asked if I want county or state court? I elected state. I did this in hopes of bargaining for a fine reduction and dismissal of the stop ticket. The state court of cobb county is really backed up and it will take awhile to get my court date. I already payed the bail upfront for both charges. (Driving unlicensed/Failure to stop). My license had expired and I didn't come to a complete stop at a stop sign. Is there anyway to change my verdict to no-low and have it dismissed?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney

My county does a arraignment procedure. I pleaded not guilty in front of the judge and was asked if I want county or state court? I elected state. I did this in hopes of bargaining for a fine reduction and dismissal of the stop ticket. The state court of cobb county is really backed up and it will take awhile to get my court date. I already payed the bail upfront for both charges. (Driving unlicensed/Failure to stop). My license had expired and I didn't come to a complete stop at a stop sign. Is there anyway to change my verdict to no-low and have it dismissed?
Don't start multiple threads on the same topic.

https://forum.freeadvice.com/auto-accidents-vehicle-claims-1/traffic-court-changing-verdict-after-arraingment-possible-595804.html

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken

Please keep all your questions in one thread.
https://forum.freeadvice.com/auto-accidents-vehicle-claims-1/traffic-court-changing-verdict-after-arraingment-possible-595804.html

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">