• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Traffic Entrapment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kortheal

What is the name of your state? Alabama

So, I was speeding, and the ticket was for going 75 in a 70...alabama law states the officer can pull me over for doing one mph over the speed limit, I realize this, but I think I may have been subject ot entrapment cause I didn't know where to look in the Alabama Lawbook on entrapment...so I'm asking here.

Well, it was late at night, I was driving responsibly...the officer even commented on the fact that he'd seen me use proper signals for changing lane, but because i sped up to 75 to pass an individual, he pulled me over. The ticket was given around 1am in the morning, and the officer was not visible. There were maybe four or five people to my front, and in the rear view. The officer must have been sitting off the roadside and had concealed his car in some fashion or another, with no lights, or other idications he was there. The only point that I saw the officer was when he was pulling ONTO the road and following me with his lights on. I pulled over, and was written the ticket. The officer was polite, and I don't blame him for giving me the ticket, but I would like to know the law, if there is one, for alabama officers on the topic of entrapment reguarding a traffic stop.

tranquility

It's not entrapment in any sense. How did the officer trick you into committing a crime you were not already predisposed to?

FlyingRon

Obrserving the public to see if anybody is breaking the law isn't entrapment, it's fundamental police work.

I_Got_Banned

i sped up to 75 to pass an individual
When you pass another vehicle, you must do so without exceeding the posted speed limit. If you exceed it, then you have violated the vehicle code.

The ticket was given around 1am in the morning, and the officer was not visible.The officer must have been sitting off the roadside and had concealed his car in some fashion or another, with no lights, or other idications he was there.
The officer is not required to have his lights on. If he does, he has chosen to do so for his on safety. Furthermore, he does not have to be in clear view either.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">