• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Traffic issues

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sayhey55

Yes I live in California, back in 2008 I recived a speeding ticket in contra coasta county in Notheren CA. I then moved to Sotheren California befor the the ticket was taken care of. I can not Renwew my License till I have paid the $422. I am not working and with the possabity of not having a license makes it tougher to get a job, I cant afford to appear in the court in Northen CA is there way to get a judge to give me an abstract or like a hard ship license so I can drive to and from Job interviews

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Pay what is due. It's really that simple. You can't just ignore legal matters.

CdwJava

The DMV will not remove the hold until they receive clearance from the court. That won't happen until you address it through the Shasta County courts.

Understand that any vehicle you drive while suspended will be subject to a 30 day impound (and $2,000+ for release when the time is up) and you will be subject to arrest for a misdemeanor criminal offense if caught.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">