• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Traffic School Option in VA?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ottobon100

What is the name of your state? Virginia

I just received a speeding ticket, my first in a LONG time, 51 in a 35. I'm a "Senior" so I'm worried about how this is going to change my insurance costs. Does VA offer the traffic school option so it won't go on your driving record? I moved here from California not long ago so I don't know the answer. Thank you.

lwpat

Virginia Traffic School

It depends on the court. You can call the clerk of court to find out if you are eligible and may be able to get approval and avoid going to court. This one ticket should make little difference in your insurance. Your carrier probably won't even check your MVR unless you make a change to your policy.

You may be able to avoid some of the cost by appearing. It is likely that the judge will reduce the fine/points in return for a guilty plea. If you will not miss work that is probably your best option. If you don't like the offer then you can still ask for traffic school.

Some courts are accepting Virgina Online Traffic School. Your can check for your particular court at

http://www.trafficschoolonline.com/?lcode=4013

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">