• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

traffic stop

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tthair

What is the name of your state? califonia

can a cop run your name when he sees you driving just to see if you have a valid license or any warrants?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

tthair said:
What is the name of your state? califonia

can a cop run your name when he sees you driving just to see if you have a valid license or any warrants?

My response:

Yes. That's one of the reasons why license plate are issued.

IAAL

T

tthair

I didnt say run your plate I said run your name the car is registered to my wife. the cop recognized me and ran my name.
I had not seen this cop in over five years. this is a small town.

T

tthair

what is good about it! I didnt say that I had any warrants or that my license was not valid. He thought I had an unpaid ticket and after wasting about a half hour of my time it all came back clear.it is not good police work to run anyones name for no reason in hopes that they might get lucky.It wasted my time and was an embarassment. if you think this is good police work please explain?

racer72

The next time he recognizes a previous customer he may apprehend someone wanted for something a lot more serious. Simple traffic stops have resulted in the arrest of some notorious criminals such as Ted Bundy. Now that the officer knows your clean, he should not have any reason to stop you again. The half hour you lost will save you lots of time in the future.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">