• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

traffic stop

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

john bogart

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
what right would an officer have to pull you out of your vehical without asking for your lic registration or insurence

CdwJava

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
what right would an officer have to pull you out of your vehical without asking for your lic registration or insurence
Perhaps you'd care to provide some details as to what happened?

The hypotheticals of why an officer might have a legal right to ask you out of the car without first asking for license and registration could result in a rather lengthy list.

FlyingRon

Sometimes it's safer to get the person out of their car to question them rather than letting them root around in the glove box, etc....

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Bottom line is that Mr. Bogart needs to provide the details of the incident before any meaningful information specific to his situation can be given.

You Are Guilty

I recall one incident from my youth in which I, as a passenger, was politely "asked" by a rather burly member of the NYPD to exit the vehicle I was sitting in. What makes this incident stand out is because he assisted my exit, via the passenger side window. Long story short, the driver's car apparently matched the description of another car which had been seen leaving the scene of an armed bank robbery, and while neither he nor I looked anything like the two black males who committed the crime, the officers were not going to take any chances in finding that out.

Point being, there are all sorts of reasons why this might happen. No way to guess them all.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">