• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Traffic Stops

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Y

yankee1744

What are my legal rights when stopped by a Florida police officer,with respect to being asked to exit my vechile?

HomeGuru

yankee1744 said:
What are my legal rights when stopped by a Florida police officer,with respect to being asked to exit my vechile?
**A: you don't even have to ask about legal rights. Common sense should tell you that if the police officer has a gun and a radio, and you don't, why would you not comply?

M

mw1406

I don't understand for what reason a person would need to know legal rights as to whether to exit a vehicle on command of a police officer.

I guess if you asked about your legal rights related to an officer searching you or your vehicle it would make more sense. But just asking you to step out of your vehicle doesn't mean that there is a potential rights violation imminent. Maybe the officer doesn't want to stand in the road so as a safety precaution he askes you to exit and stand on the side of the road. Who knows...could be one of many reasonable reasons that aren't related to a rights violation.

Can you be more specific?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">