• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

traffic ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dortiz

What is the name of your state? colorado

I received a letter stating my license was going to get suspended, I called the number for the court and found out it was because of a speeding ticket that was issued in 1994 that the police officer just turned in on October 18, 2002. Can they do this from that far back? I dont even remember the incident.

JETX

Obviously, we aren't hearing the full story here.

Did you get a ticket in Colorado in 1994?? If not, how do you suppose that they got your name, your car information, your drivers license information, etc.???

Have you contacted the issuing court and asked about the ticket?? Have you requested a copy of the ticket??

D

dortiz

TRAFFIC TICKET

YES, IT WAS IN COLORADO, I FOUND IN MY RECORDS THAT THE TICKET WAS ALREADY PAID OFF, AND NOTHING HAS EVER BEEN ON MY RECORD IN REGARDS TO THIS 1994 INCIDENT. I JUST DONT UNDERSTAND HOW ANYONE CAN WAIT 8 YEARS TO TURN IN A TICKET AND THEN TRY TO GET THE LICENSE REVOKED FOR SOMETHING THAT HAS ALREADY BEEN TAKEN CARE OF.

HomeGuru

Re: TRAFFIC TICKET

dortiz said:
YES, IT WAS IN COLORADO, I FOUND IN MY RECORDS THAT THE TICKET WAS ALREADY PAID OFF, AND NOTHING HAS EVER BEEN ON MY RECORD IN REGARDS TO THIS 1994 INCIDENT. I JUST DONT UNDERSTAND HOW ANYONE CAN WAIT 8 YEARS TO TURN IN A TICKET AND THEN TRY TO GET THE LICENSE REVOKED FOR SOMETHING THAT HAS ALREADY BEEN TAKEN CARE OF.
**A: and I don't understand how people can come on this website and not follow posting instructions in red letters above.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">