• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Traffic Ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

krishnaraj

What is the name of your state? New Jersey

Today I got the 2 traffic tickets which I'm not supposed to.
The officer claims that I was closely following the car ahead of me.
and when the car make a right turn I tailgated the car.

But as far as I'm concerned I was not close to the car.
(The officer was behind me and how can he judge that (time was 9.0 pm))
It is in a 40 mile zone and I was on a speed of 35
The car in front of me suddenly breaked, It is to make a right turn, It is a single line so what should I do Instead of passing the car with an inch of my tyre touched the yelow line.

I have a Ny License and just moved to Peapack NJ 30 days before.

I'm ready to got to court and plead not guilty and argue with them since it is not my fault.

Can You please help me and tell me a solution.
can I argue in court with these points.

waiting for your reply
Thanking you
Krishnaraj

mommyof4

The car in front of me suddenly breaked, It is to make a right turn, It is a single line so what should I do Instead of passing the car with an inch of my tyre touched the yelow line.

Huh??? You should have been far enough behind the other car that you could have slowed your car in a safe manner when the driver suddenly braked. You shouldn't have HAD to pass the car. :cool:

I am guessing that is what you meant. Your "sentence" really makes no intelligible sense.

moburkes

Huh??? You should have been far enough behind the other car that you could have slowed your car in a safe manner when the driver suddenly braked. You shouldn't have HAD to pass the car. :cool:

I am guessing that is what you meant. Your "sentence" really makes no intelligible sense.
Exactly. If that vehicle's braking was going to cause an accident, so, in order to prevent the accident, you had to swerve, you were too close to that vehicle.

Exactly. If that vehicle's braking was going to cause an accident, so, in order to prevent the accident, you had to swerve, you were too close to that vehicle.
For the OP's reference, the standing rule of thumb for following is 1 car length for each 10mph of speed. A quick method of checking if you're too close is the 2 second rule ... pick a fixed object along the side of the road and count 2 seconds from the time the car in front of you passes the object to the time you pass it. If it's not 2 seconds ... YOU'RE TOO CLOSE.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">