• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

traffic ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mr. Black

a friend of mine recently received a speeding ticket. the officer wrote that she was going 52 and she insists that she was going 42. if she fights the ticket, is there any possibility that she will win?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
a friend of mine recently received a speeding ticket. the officer wrote that she was going 52 and she insists that she was going 42. if she fights the ticket, is there any possibility that she will win?
Answer: Yes

Better answer: US Law Only!

Maestro64

In PA there is no speeding ticket that has code violation of 25, all speeding tickets in PA are Title 75 section 3362 and some subsection depending on the posted speed limit.

Can they win, it is always a possibility.... it depends on the situation and the facts and what method they use to determine the speed.

Mr. Black

reply 2

there was no witnesses, and the cop used a radar gun. so would it be best to pay the fine, or fight it?

Maestro64

Was the ticket issued by the PA state police, if not then it was not radar since local police are not allow to use Radar. I doubt it was radar since the state police do not generally patrol local roads they are usually on the highways where the speed limits are either 55 or 65.

So what was the posted speed limit of the road?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">