• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

traffic ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

comet2000

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
California

last month i receive a traffic ticket on making a illegal u-turn (i can't find my post so i am making a new one. sorry if it is against the rules).
"i was driving to school. i made a left turn to go into a parking lot. out of no where, the police did the siren on me and i was pull over. the police told me that the reason he pull me over was that i made an illegal left turn on a double yellow line with an X in the middle. i told him that i did not know that. he responded by saying that was because i did not look. he ask me for my license and registration. i gave it to him. 5 minutes later, he told me what he wrote on the citation and told me to sign it. he ask me if i had any questions and i told him no. i remember that the guy told me that i can not get away with it and he walk back to his car. the cop told me that my court date is on dec. 28. i left.

this is my first time getting a ticket. i am a university student who will maybe be graduating on dec. 24."

"21651 ( a )( i )

at the end of the page shows this, vc 40500 ( b ), 40513( b ), 40522, 40600, pen code 853.9"

i got the letter in the mail stating that i have to paid $250. how can i get the fine lower? i am an unemployed university student.

it also says that i have until dec. 23 to paid the fine.

johnnyhall_2

You should be able to request a 60-day extension to make your mind up about what you want to do (i.e. fight the ticket, defense driving or pay the fine) If nothing else, it'll buy you some time to get the $250. The Court should have a website to get the form, however, if not, call or stop by to see the Clerk. They can get it to you! Make sure you turn it in to the Court Clerk ASAP!

comet2000

What guy told you you couldn't get away with it?
the cop told me that before he walk back to his car.

a week later, i saw him again. i was walking out of the parking lot and heading toward to my class. he kept on scaring at me while he was driving.

You should be able to request a 60-day extension to make your mind up about what you want to do (i.e. fight the ticket, defense driving or pay the fine) If nothing else, it'll buy you some time to get the $250. The Court should have a website to get the form, however, if not, call or stop by to see the Clerk. They can get it to you! Make sure you turn it in to the Court Clerk ASAP!
are you saying that i can't get a reduce price? i have hear some others that they got their ticket reduce.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">