• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

traffic ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lemkmll

Do I need a lawyer? I got arrested for a speeding ticket from 2005 in Kansas in December. I paid the bond to get out of jail. I have to go to court in January.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Getting an attorney would be a good idea.

Why did you ignore the ticket for these past years?

lemkmll

ticket

I had no money and then forgot about it. I cant just simply pay a fine or community service. Why would I need a lawyer?

asiny

I had no money and then forgot about it. I cant just simply pay a fine or community service. Why would I need a lawyer?
Because you skipped on a traffic ticket and, failed to respond to any contact the court attempted to your- then- 2005 address.

Note to anyone who comes across this thread in the future: if you find yourself in ANY legal infraction... make a big reminder about it so you don't forget about it thinking it will just go away.

lemkmll

It is my first time in trouble, would I just plead guilty and more than likely just pay a fine. I paid $440 to get out. I know no one knows for sure, but does that sound good.

asiny

It is my first time in trouble, would I just plead guilty and more than likely just pay a fine. I paid $440 to get out. I know no one knows for sure, but does that sound good.
HighwayMan knows traffic law- following his advice would be a sound investment.
Remember, you are not pleading guilty to speeding and paying a speeding fine.. you are pleading guilty to speeding and ignoring a court order (at minimum).
Seek representation before you goto court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">