• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Traffic Ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lveid

I received a speeding ticket just as I entered Glen Lyn, VA. I had just slowed down to 45 mph when I was pulled over by a city policeman. He said I was speeding, but that was the first lower speed limit I saw when entering town.

How often do they need to calibrate their radar guns in VA. In WV a town that small cannot use radar guns, is that true in VA also?

racer72

How often do they need to calibrate their radar guns in VA. In WV a town that small cannot use radar guns, is that true in VA also?
3 comments. 1. Radar calibration is determined by manufacturer requirements. It is a 10 second operation that most officers do prior to starting their shift. 2. Which WV law says that small towns could not use radar guns, a search of 'radar gun' of WV statutes produced 16 hits and none of them banned radar guns from use by small towns. 3. If it was illegal in VA, why would they use it? Write a bunch of tickets that could easily be dismissed? Not likely.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">