• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Traffic ticket confusion

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

trafficinfo

What is the name of your state? NJ

I recently got a improper U-turn ticket and inadequate headlights ticket in NJ at the same time. When i tried to pay these tickets online, both the ticket show inadequate headlights and the same offense number(for inadequate headlight). So basically under the u-turn ticket number, i see inadequate headlight offense.

My options are:
1) Just pay the tickets online, if i do pay does that means u-turn ticket is not on my record
2) Call them and tell that they made a mistake and then pay the u-turn ticket

If they later reealize the mistake, can i be held responsible of not getting it corrected?

trafficinfo

For alanshore

thanks for your reply. I did call the court and gave them my ticket number. they looked up in their system and told me inadequate headlights ticket offense number and fine for that offense instead of the u-turn offense.
Do you think I need to get this corrected or I should just pay what they are asking?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">