• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

traffic ticket..disappearing dash cam and voice recording when cop lied

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

workcomp

Excuse my being unsure of the format.
I starred at the cop while driving by...pulls me over for speeding....totally bogus allegation...says he will"cut me a break".. When i refuse he dumps 21mph over...i ask if there is a recording...he replies "yea..two"... I ask for discovery to listen to his lies...suddenly..no recordings exist. both myself and passenger volunteer for a lie detector but cops refuse...court is monday(2 days). how will the judge decide the truth? Do the police have the right to erase recordings that show their wrong doings? only producing them if they feel like it?

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
he replies "yea..two"...
And what makes you think that there were ANY recordings? The officer is under no obligation to tell you the truth when you're stopped. Many times people are told things to placate them and to generate as little resistance as possible.

You're being naive if you think otherwise.

HighwayMan

What state is this by the way?

What makes you think the police are interested in your side of the story anyway?

workcomp

No obligation to tell the truth? the cop signs his name.....

"under penalty of perjury I attest to the

And what makes you think that there were ANY recordings? The officer is under no obligation to tell you the truth when you're stopped

HighwayMan

"under penalty of perjury I attest to the

And what makes you think that there were ANY recordings? The officer is under no obligation to tell you the truth when you're stopped
Really? The officer gave you a signed statement attesting to the fact that you were recorded?

wv_gamer

Excuse my being unsure of the format.
I starred at the cop while driving by...pulls me over for speeding....totally bogus allegation...says he will"cut me a break".. When i refuse he dumps 21mph over...i ask if there is a recording...he replies "yea..two"... I ask for discovery to listen to his lies...suddenly..no recordings exist. both myself and passenger volunteer for a lie detector but cops refuse...court is monday(2 days). how will the judge decide the truth? Do the police have the right to erase recordings that show their wrong doings? only producing them if they feel like it?

I'm sorry to hear this! Something you might want to do is record every police encounter you have. I do this each time I am involved with the police and It has saved me from there lies many times. One thing to remember cops can legally lie to you. If you do not have any way to hold them accountable then it's you versus them.

CdwJava

I'm sorry to hear this! Something you might want to do is record every police encounter you have. I do this each time I am involved with the police and It has saved me from there lies many times. One thing to remember cops can legally lie to you. If you do not have any way to hold them accountable then it's you versus them.
I have to ask ... why is it that you have so many encounters with the police that you have felt it necessary to come up with a method to try and counter them? Perhaps if you were not doing whatever it is you are doing to draw their attention, you might not feel it necessary to have to come up with a means by which you can try to avoid their "lies."

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">