• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

traffic ticket- failure to yield, showed as reckless driving

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rambo1

My son was cited for failure to yield to a city public safety officer. Althoug he did not have anywhere to safely yield to, the officer did not have his siren on, and as soon as there was a safe place to pull over my son did just as he thought was proper.
The officer cited him for failure to yield, my son, his brother, and their father went to court in August of 1999. The judge reduced the fine by half and dropped the points. The ticket has now suddenly shown up on my sons driving record as reckless driving.
I have contacted the clerk of court to pull the original ticket. I finally hear back that she will send me a letter to send to the insurance company and all should be fine. The clerk told me that some charges appear as one thing inone state and a totlly different charge will come up in another state. The insurance company has balked at this and said that this would not be sufficient, if the charge is not legitimate they should have to take it off my sons record. I called the clerks office back and they still refuse to remove the charge. i am at a standstill at this point and would like to know if there is any other action I might take.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">