• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Traffic Ticket: NJ

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

natejliz

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New Jersey 39:4-144

Got a ticked for allegedly no stopping at a stop sign. Made a nanosecond stop and proceeded to make a left turn at about 0.1 miles/hr. There were no cars at the interception. Officer stated that I did not stop and I stated that in fact I had stop prior to proceeding driving. Kept silent and received the ticket. I will plead no guilty and go to court and present my argument. I know it may be hard for me to win the case since police offiecers are supposed to act in good faith and no issue tickets for the heck of it, but some times police officers act differently.

Any comments?

FlyingRon

A nanosecond stop is not likely to have been a stop at all. A stop is complete cessation of the movement of the vehicles, not just that the wheels were locked. Your story is not convincing. You won't win in court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">