• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Traffic Ticket Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

V

viperman

My friend got a traffic ticket(stop sign violation) in nc and wants to know what he can do. This was his first ever traffic ticket violation. Is there anything he can do to get the fines and court costs reduced? Will this make his insurance go up if its his first ever violation?

JETX

"My friend got a traffic ticket(stop sign violation) in nc and wants to know what he can do."
*** He can:
1) Plead guilty and pay the fine, or
2) Plead innocent and present his defense to the court. The court will then set his fine (of course, he is guilty!). He can then pay his fine and go forth.

"This was his first ever traffic ticket violation."
*** So, one strike so far.

"Is there anything he can do to get the fines and court costs reduced?"
*** Not without at least contacting the court. He might ask if they offer a defensive driving waiver (most courts do).

"Will this make his insurance go up if its his first ever violation?"
*** Not if he takes the defensive driving option.

Go to: http://www.safetync.org/ddc/DDCviolators.htm

V

viperman

Who would he contact at the court to ask these questions(defensive driving waiver,etc)? What if he can't afford to pay the court costs and fine?

Last edited:

JETX

"Who would he contact at the court to ask these questions(defensive driving waiver,etc)?"
*** Did you read the link I provided??

"What if he can't afford to pay the court costs and fine?"
*** Then he COULD lose his driving priviledge and even get the opportunity to an all expense paid vacation to the closest county subsidized resort location.

spawn_x

yes. just think of all the free food and sex he would get..

just tell him to ask the judge about payment plans that they have available.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">