• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

traffic tickets given 4-6 weeks after the incident.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Miz Zelda13

What is the name of your state? Kansas

the county sheriff saw a thunderbird driving around town. it looked alot like my car, but i had a cougar, both cars white, both cars about the same style.

my problem is..... 4-6 weeks later i was handed a traffic ticket, while in another car............the ticket was for driving a car with an expired tags and no insurance. the sheriff never pulled me over while i was in my car. he never checked my drivers lic and he never looked at my insurance info. but i am expected to pay this traffic ticket?????

what to do?? where to go?? i need more info on how to deal with this this problem??

Thanks, Miz Zelda13

garrula lingua

Weird.
Did you sign the ticket & date it on the day you were handed it ?

Plead Not Guilty, ask for a trial & bring your proof of current registration and your insurance proof to court with you on the day of the trial. Point out that you got the ticket days after the alleged observation...bring that driver as your witness to the ticket being issued on a later date.

You will be doing a community service if what you say is true: let the court know the guy is doing weird things.

Then, move.
If this guy has power & is abusing that power & is a nutcase, get out of his reach.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">