• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Traffic Violations

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tcerratom

What is the name of your state? new york

i was stopped and ticketed for driving a car that was uninsured, was not registered, was not inspected, and had wrong tags on it. the car belonged to a friend who had lent it to me. It was titled in her name. i had to pay the tickets and my license was suspended. was this legal, since i was not the owner of the car and was technically not responsible for the vehicle's insurance, registration, inspection, and tags?

HomeGuru

tcerratom said:
What is the name of your state? new york

i was stopped and ticketed for driving a car that was uninsured, was not registered, was not inspected, and had wrong tags on it. the car belonged to a friend who had lent it to me. It was titled in her name. i had to pay the tickets and my license was suspended. was this legal, since i was not the owner of the car and was technically not responsible for the vehicle's insurance, registration, inspection, and tags?

**A: yes because you were driving an illegal motor vehicle per NY laws.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">