• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Traffic YTicket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Skydive

What is the name of your state? Texas, Bexar County

I recieved a ticket with 3 vilolations on it on Nov. 22, 2006:

1. No Proof of Insurance (I do have Insurance just couldn't find it)
2. Tx Regisration Expired (Registerd the Truck that day)
3. Speeding at 54 MPH in a 40 MPH

My problem is on the ticket it stated to appear in court Jan. 25, 2007 9:00 a.m.
When I appeared today I gave them the orignal carbon copy of my ticket.
They said they the officer has not turned in the ticket to them and it is not in their system.
Also the officer field in the wrong court date in the field to appear in court.
He wrote in Jan. 25, 2007 9:00 a.m.
The clerk said it should have been the 23rd or 24th of Jan. 2007.
Now the clerk told me to call in on Friday (tomorrow) to see if they have the ticket in there system.
The clerk also gave me a document proffing that I appeared in court on the date stated on the ticket.
I didn't sign anything and they didn't make coppies of anything.
Also the clerk stated that the officer (sherrif deputy) has 2 years to confirm a new court date and notify me by mail when to appear.

My question is since the ticket is incorrect on the court date does this void the ticket all together?
Also I do believe I have the right to a speedy trial due to the Bill of Rights on Amendment VI.
I need some advice on what I need to do?
Please help

seniorjudge

Q: My question is since the ticket is incorrect on the court date does this void the ticket all together?

A: No.

Q: Also I do believe I have the right to a speedy trial due to the Bill of Rights on Amendment VI. I need some advice on what I need to do?

A: Enter a not guilty plea and ask for a trial. (Speedy trial laws generally do not apply to minor violations such as this.)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">