• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tricky Spot- KS/MO

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

x0r

Driving from STL Missouri to LA, CA, I get a speeding ticket for 85 in a 70mph zone in Saline County, Kansas. I have 5 points on my MO license, and the next violation results in a 30 day suspension for me which I am trying to avoid at all costs.

I called up some lawyers around that area and was told they can amend it to a lower speeding amount (79 in a 70), and in KS speeding less than 10mph over is not a moving violation.

Well I called the MO DOR, and was told that the mph is irrelevant, that speeding regardless would results in points for me. So having the ticket fixed to a lower speeding amount is pointless for me.

I also do not qualify for the KS traffic amendment program.

What options do I have?

I have asked one of the lawyers if it is possible to have it amended to a "certain" non moving violation, such as loud speakers and am awaiting his response.

Would changing my MO license right now to a CA license help any?

Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">