• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Trying to restore restore license

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

deckscrew

What is the name of your state? California

About a year and a half ago (as a foolish 18 yr old), I got three citations for speeding, lack of registration, lack of insurance, and seatbelts over a three week period. I was in bad way then due to drugs and alcohol and ignored the tickets resulting in multiple failure to appear and failure to pay citations. I have since cleaned up and would like to restore my license so I can work and attend school.

The problem I have is this will cost over $1,600. I was insured and registered at the time of the citations. My question is if I provide the court with proof of registration and insurance is it possible to reduce the fine amount? Also I'd like to fight the speeding ticket since it was an exibition of speed ( I skidded on a wet street at an interesection in an old Honda). Am I too late?

Thanks for any advice

JP

JETX

I was insured and registered at the time of the citations. My question is if I provide the court with proof of registration and insurance is it possible to reduce the fine amount?
You can certainly present your proof to the court and ask them to dismiss or reduce the tickets.

Also I'd like to fight the speeding ticket since it was an exibition of speed ( I skidded on a wet street at an interesection in an old Honda). Am I too late?
Yep... you are too late on that one.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">