• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

turning lane, passed left (in turning lane) of person turning right

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wanabath

What is the name of your state? Arizona

I was pulled over for using the middle turning lane to pass someone as they had slowed down to make a right hand turn (yes their blinker was also on). Though I understand that "I am not suppose to pass anyone from this lane" does it sound like something that I could fight and win in court? If so should I hire an attorney or go about it myself? Approximatley how much would an attorney charge me to defend this? Or would I be best off going to traffic school? (Problem with traffic school in AZ you can only go once every two years for the entire state unlike Utah where I just moved from it is once a year for each city. I am new here and I seem to get pulled over alot, 5 times so far this year getting 3 tickets, none of which are on my record yet)

If worth fighting, what should I or should I not say to the judge to fight this ticket? Any advice on this is appreciated.

JETX

"Though I understand that "I am not suppose to pass anyone from this lane" does it sound like something that I could fight and win in court?"
*** Nope. And exactly what were you proposing to offer as a defense for your admitted illegal action???

"If so should I hire an attorney or go about it myself?"
*** I see no reason to spend money on an attorney when you offer NO defense to your actions. You will likely just end up paying an attorney AND a fine.

"Approximatley how much would an attorney charge me to defend this?'
*** There isn't a published 'attorney fee list'. I suggest you contact a couple of local attorneys and ask THEM!!

"Or would I be best off going to traffic school? (Problem with traffic school in AZ you can only go once every two years for the entire state unlike Utah where I just moved from it is once a year for each city. I am new here and I seem to get pulled over alot, 5 times so far this year getting 3 tickets, none of which are on my record yet)"
*** Oh, by all means, we will be glad to help you keep your license so that you can drive like an idiot and endanger all the 'normal' folks on the road!!
Jeeeze, do us a favor by growing up and learning responsibility and accountability.... clearly things your parents 'forgot' to teach you.

"If worth fighting, what should I or should I not say to the judge to fight this ticket?"
*** Start with a few jokes. That always sets their mind at ease. Then, if you see that he is a Cardinals fan, start talking about when you used to play pro football for them when they were in St. Louis. By the time you get all that done, the judge should be really happy to cut you some slack and send you on your way with a slap on the hand.

Out of state tags?

If you are eligible to go to traffic school then do it. The fee is $125.00. Make sure this offense is eligible for traffic school first.

You could be getting pulled over a lot if you have out of state tags on your vehicle. You could also get a ticket for this if you now live in AZ. Change your registration to AZ ASAP - It also wouldn't hurt to obey the law once in a while too.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">