• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Two tickets for one offense

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wallyg17

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NJ

I was just given both a 39:4 - 85.1 (Wrong Way on One Way) and a 39:4 - 81 (Failure to observe signal). The latter was for a "Wrong Way" sign indicating the one way street. The two tickets were both written up by separate officers who shared the squad car that pulled me over. Is it legit for them to write me up twice for essentially the same offense? In other words, I couldn't have done one without doing the other.

Did they do it under separate officer ID's to try to get around something? They even marked up a five minute difference in the time, although they have the same date and location. Any advice would be appreciated as I decide whether to fight one of them.

cyjeff

Sure you can be written up for two offenses at the same time.

You are just criminally efficient.

I would go to court and try to talk them into dropping at least one of them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">