• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Two traffic ticket within 18months

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kevinum

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA
Hi.
I'd like to have some info and help from members
I got:
First ticket issued 03/09/2012 in San Diego county, Second ticket issued 08/28/2013, Oragne county. both 22349(A), 88 miles and 90 miles First ticket was taken care of by completing traffic school. Technically two tickets are 17 month 21days apart...
My Questions are
1. Would 18 months rule will be effective regardless different county?
2. If 18 months rule will be effective, what would happen to me? For example, I can not go to traffic school and a point is still remained? What would be my best option? Ask court to allow me going traffic school?

Any input/advise would be appreciated

Thanks

sandyclaus

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA
Hi.
I'd like to have some info and help from members
I got:
First ticket issued 03/09/2012 in San Diego county, Second ticket issued 08/28/2013, Oragne county. both 22349(A), 88 miles and 90 miles First ticket was taken care of by completing traffic school. Technically two tickets are 17 month 21days apart...
My Questions are
1. Would 18 months rule will be effective regardless different county?
2. If 18 months rule will be effective, what would happen to me? For example, I can not go to traffic school and a point is still remained? What would be my best option? Ask court to allow me going traffic school?

Any input/advise would be appreciated

Thanks
California Rules of Court Rule 4.104. Procedures and eligibility criteria for attending traffic violator school governs the eligibility for traffic school and applies STATEWIDE, regardless of the county in which you received your ticket.

That would mean that the 18 month rule IS effective, and you'll have to do something else about the ticket you earned. You CANNOT attend traffic school, and the point will still remain if you are convicted of the offense.

kevinum

California Rules of Court Rule 4.104. Procedures and eligibility criteria for attending traffic violator school governs the eligibility for traffic school and applies STATEWIDE, regardless of the county in which you received your ticket.

That would mean that the 18 month rule IS effective, and you'll have to do something else about the ticket you earned. You CANNOT attend traffic school, and the point will still remain if you are convicted of the offense.
Thank you so much for your clarification. My next question is, Can I possibly ask to allow to attend traffic school? since two tickets interval was very close to 18 months, If I would, who/how should I talk with?, Start from court clerk or should I plea not guilty and go to court to ask judge?. Would you be able to advise me how, how effectively?.

I'm quite under stress and much appreciate your advise.

Thanks

sandyclaus

Thank you so much for your clarification. My next question is, Can I possibly ask to allow to attend traffic school? since two tickets interval was very close to 18 months, If I would, who/how should I talk with?, Start from court clerk or should I plea not guilty and go to court to ask judge?. Would you be able to advise me how, how effectively?.

I'm quite under stress and much appreciate your advise.

Thanks
Since it's the Court rules that mandate the 18 month period, the court clerks don't have any leeway or leniency in assessing eligibility for it.

Choices have consequences. Methinks that this time, you're just going to have to live with those consequences.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">