• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

TX-Going to court for ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Smithy

Hi, I'm in TX. In 1999 I defended myself against a 'running a stop sign' ticket. In court, I attempted several times to introduce photographs of the intersection into evidence but the prosecuter objected due to an 'improper legal predicate.' I took this to mean that there are some 'magic words' you're supposed to say before you can introduce evidence. (I won my case anyway) Now, my boyfriend is going to court to defend himself regarding a speeding ticket. He wants to use photographs as well so, does anyone know, what is the proper legal predicate? TIA.

Also, the police officer pulled him over while he was working (he delivers pizzas) and told him that if my boyfriend let him (the officer) search the car, he'd give him a warning. Boyfriend let him search and got a ticket anyway. The officer marked on the ticket that no search was made. Is it in Boyfriend's best interest to mention this in court or will it become a losing situation to challenge the word of a police officer?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">