• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

TX - speeding in construction zone

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Cromagnusson

What is the name of your state? Texas

I got a ticket for sppeding in a construction zone with workers present. And that sucks! No defensive driving option, and the fine is doubled. The cop says I was doing 63 in a 45. I assumed the speedlimit was 50, as there were no signs posted indicating the speed limit, and the area is part of a state highway on which I live further north and the speed limit is 50 just outside my residence.

But I'm going to argue that it was beyond my control and that manuevered past the vehicles in front of me in order to avoid a collision. I was experiencing problems with my throttle body and my TPS (Throttle Position Sensor). When the TPS can't tell how far open the valve is in the throttle body, it sends faulty information to the ecu and fuel/spark map, the result is your vehicle lurches by anywhere from 10 - 15 mph during accelleration, and by about 5 mph when trying to maintain a constant speed.

I know the consequences of speeding in a work zone, I had no intention of speeding through there-none! I have receipts from a local dealer showing the repair work done to these devices, as proof that my vehicle was behaing irrationally. Anyone think I have a chance?

racer72

Please don't use the mechanical problem as an excuse, it is about as lame as one that can be used and will not work, if the car is not operating correctly, it should not have been on the road. Either come up with a better excuse or hire an attorney. I would suggest the attorney route, your not very good at making up excuses.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">