• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

typical speeding ticket with a twist

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

V4L

what is the name of your state? new hampshire

as you can guess i am new to this forum and would first like to say hello! now that we got that out of the way here is my story. a few months back i was pulled over on rt. 101 west in candia, nh for doing 80 in a 65. i still contend that my cruise was set at 76, but irrelevant really. i sent the ticket in with a not guilty plea which i thought would give me a good chance at trying to down grade the speed and therefore lessen the fine. however, when i go to the court house, the state trooper that actually clocked me from the airplane pulled me aside and explained to me in full detail how their aviation division works, blah, blah, blah. well, he tells me that one of the procedures that they follow is to turn the 'glorified stop watch' on and wait for 'pass' to pop up on the screen, he would then manually document this on the paperwork that the unit is working properly. next, they would fire up the plane, do their dirty work, and once returned to the hangar with the aircraft, proceed to power off the stop watch and then turn it on again and wait for the 'pass' indicator again. he is then supposed to document wether 'pass' or 'fail' comes up, in which case if it fails all who were ticketed that day are relieved of their tickets and that's it. but if it comes up 'pass' it needs to be documented and he failed to do this step, the documentation of the 'pass'. so i grilled him a/b why he didn't and gave us(all present in the court) some line a/b how they got called in for a triple homicide, blah, blah, blah. well, the judge still sided with the troopers even though all standard operating procedures were not followed. so now my questions. 1. should the judge have erred in my favor b/c of the neglect, or was he right to still fine me? 2. if i am right, how do i file for a appeal in the state of new hampshire? (i have googled it but have come up with nothing)

any and all comments are appreciated, thanks in advance!What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?

The Occultist

You don't know what you're doing with the court system, and you don't know anything about how you were ticketed. You will be needing an attorney if you wish to appeal. An appeal will cost you money, and you should throw it away without having somebody with you that knows what they're doing.

And, just because I must: 76 in a 65 is still speeding. Also, cruise control is NOT an exact science, and it's hardly uncommon for you to set it at 76 and have it jump you up to 80.

Oh, one last thing, it seems you accidentally posted your post twice. Please delete the duplicate. (click edit post, and delete)

V4L

thanks

thank you for the reply. you are correct, i don't what i'm doing with the court system, and i suspect that not many ppl asking questions on here do so pointing that out is a little overkill. however, you are incorrect a/b me not knowing how i was ticketed, i was there, i know exactly how it went down. as far as my question from the original post, do you think that the judge should have sided with me or was he correct in siding against me? and is it worth appealling? now, i'm not an attorney(go figure), nor am i even remotely close to being legal savvy, i am a physician however, and in my line of work and in many other lines, IF IT IS NOT WRITTEN DOWN IT DID NOT HAPPEN. i feel that this is a very important bit of info and should have been looked at with a little less disinterest and a little more heed. thanks!

also, i am quite familiar with how cruise control works. i know that when driving on an even surface my cc doesn't waiver, not even a 1/10 of an MPH, and that was the exact surface i was travelling on. thanks again!

Last edited:

FlyingRon

That's not the way the law work and if you are a doctor and you believe that is the way medicine works I hope you have your malpractice paid up.

seniorjudge

...also, i am quite familiar with how cruise control works. i know that when driving on an even surface my cc doesn't waiver, not even a 1/10 of an MPH, and that was the exact surface i was travelling on....

Don't try the old cruise control story. It doesn't work.

YOU and you alone are in charge of how much gas gets to the engine.

V4L

Geez

is this all this forum is for, a bunch of verbal diarrhea from supposed legal gurus? i've asked simple questions and not one of you replied with a relevant response.

FLYINGRON, i am very happy to report that in medicine if you don't document ANY portion of ANY procedure it can and will be argued that you DID NOT perform it, even in the court of law(including malpractice). and i don't care if you are C. Everett Koop, no one will believe you. please do us all a favor and keep you ignorant comments to yourself and your worthless life.

SENIORJUDGE, please do not make me pull the ignorant card out on you as well. if you notice in my first post i made it quite clear that the c.c. fact was irrelevant. maybe you are just illiterate and posing as a judge so that you can live vicariously through your supposed alter ego here on this b.s. forum. i know how much gas gets to my engine and it isn't 80 mph worth. dolt!

so many pretentious fools on here with no working knowledge at all, if there was i sure would like to hear from you, please save me from these ostentatious replies.

The Occultist

I'm sorry, but you came here looking for free advice, and that's what you got. What any of us say about a judge's ruling will be completely pointless and stupid to mention because it will bear no relevance whatsoever to your situation. Your ONLY chance at getting anything done is to take the advice I gave you and sit down with some attorneys and see if they are willing to take your case.

JIMinCA

is this all this forum is for, a bunch of verbal diarrhea from supposed legal gurus? i've asked simple questions and not one of you replied with a relevant response.

FLYINGRON, i am very happy to report that in medicine if you don't document ANY portion of ANY procedure it can and will be argued that you DID NOT perform it, even in the court of law(including malpractice). and i don't care if you are C. Everett Koop, no one will believe you. please do us all a favor and keep you ignorant comments to yourself and your worthless life.

SENIORJUDGE, please do not make me pull the ignorant card out on you as well. if you notice in my first post i made it quite clear that the c.c. fact was irrelevant. maybe you are just illiterate and posing as a judge so that you can live vicariously through your supposed alter ego here on this b.s. forum. i know how much gas gets to my engine and it isn't 80 mph worth. dolt!

so many pretentious fools on here with no working knowledge at all, if there was i sure would like to hear from you, please save me from these ostentatious replies.

Wow.... I think I agree with your frustration. I'm sorry I am not more familiar with NH law. I'd love to be helpful, but I did enjoy reading how worthless some replies are.

FlyingRon

If you write a procedure down you didn't do?
If a procedure gets done but not recorded and you make a further decision under the erroneous assumption that no treatment had been taken?

I interned in the ER. I don't take nothing for granted.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">