• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unable to gain employment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wruger

What is the name of your state? Florida

I was involved in an automobile accident back in April of 2007 and was cited for careless driving. This ticket has put me in a situation where it is absolutely impossible to find employment in my trade. I am a truck driver who drives for a living and I have applied to over 90 trucking companies and all deny me any chance of employment because of that citation.

I was let go from my previous employer who did not terminate me because of the accident but for my family medical leave time running out while recuperating after surgery. Now I am on unemployment and unable to find work because of this one accident in a 10 year safe driving history behind the wheel of a semi.

Is there any way to plead a case to the court that this is hampering my ability to find work? Is there a possibility of getting it expunged from my record? I am at my whits end and if I had known at the time this would be the death sentence to my career I would have fought it at the time seeing as it was a simple accident and an unwarranted citation.

FlyingRon

The time to fight this was back in 2007.

Even if you could get it expunged (unlikely) the damage is likely done with today's computerized system. You won't dodge the history.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">