• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

unauthorized lights / wrong color

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

myvalk

new york state troopers pulled me over on the palasedes pkwy. got an 80 / 55 and use of unauthorized lights / wrong color.

i was not traveling with them on. when i saw them i flashed them as a "hello", Im an EMT and also work in emergency response for nyc. For other cops thats accepted, for troopers, they'd ticket their moms.

any idea what the light fine would be?

thanx

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? nyWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

I_Got_Banned

new york state troopers pulled me over on the palasedes pkwy. got an 80 / 55 and use of unauthorized lights / wrong color.

i was not traveling with them on. when i saw them i flashed them as a "hello", Im an EMT and also work in emergency response for nyc. For other cops thats accepted, for troopers, they'd ticket their moms.

any idea what the light fine would be?

thanx

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? nyWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
What color are your lights and what VAT sections were you cited for?

myvalk

lights were red, as i said im an emt and in emergency response for the city of new york transit. looks like section sub section 375411

You Are Guilty

That's section 375 of the Vehicle and Traffic Law:
http://public.leginfo.state.ny.us/menugetf.cgi?COMMONQUERY=LAWS

Red is a no go, even in NYC. Surprised you didn't get dinged sooner. No way to guesstimate fine amount, (though I heard NYS just raised their surcharge to $85, so don't forget to add that to any total given as a fine).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">