• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Under 18 and over 26 in pa

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Knarff123

I live in pa.
coming home from work i had unknowingly sped up to 84 when try to pass a car before my exit. I missed the exit and continued doing around 84 until i finally slowed back down to my speed. once i had gotten down to about 65 the car behind me was tailgating me so i sped up to get in the right lane at about 60. i was pulled over since had me on radar at around 84. he didn't mention me losing my license but all other posted information on the topic says i am going to lose my license for 90 days and get 6 points. any suggestions before i bite the bullet and plead guilty. the officer who had pulled me over noticed a beer can from my father the night before in the back of my car and had asked for it and said nothing else. The officer also did not mention anything about this incident. I need to know what my options are if any. this is my first offense and I'm not trying to buck the system or raise hell i understand what i did was careless and practically unintentional. I am simply asking if I have any reason to fight it to help reduce my suspension or if i do fight it if my little closed container will come up.

Last edited:

Maestro64

as The Occultist said...

So what was the posted speed limit, if it was 65 then your not 26MPH and it would only be 4 points and they will not suspended your license unless you have other tickets. However, if the PSL was 55 then you in a world of hurt.

Since you said radar, then it was PSP on one of the major PA highways, if that was the case, then the likelihood of getting the ticket reduced is low. PSP usually do not negotiate as general rule. In the case of the PSP it is not about the money but the number of ticket issued and conviction rate. Locals tend to worry about collecting money.

If you go to court the officer can bring up anything he personally observed, the beer container is fair game to mentioned.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">