• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Under age & Alcohol

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

aloha43

What is the name of your state? CA

My son, 18 years of age, who was followed into our trailer park by the sheriff, was caught with some unopened alcoholic beverages in the back seat. He was not drinking. They wrote him up for unsafe speed, although they never actually pulled him over for it, and underage possesion of alcohol. The car, which was actually in our driveway, was towed away. I can see it if the car was on the side of the road somewhere, but they never pulled him over.

I understand that he should be punished for this, but to tow the car out of our driveway, on private property? $210 dollars.

Is this right for them to do this?

Thank You

Debbie

racer72

Your state requires impoundment of vehicles involved with minors and alcohol consumption/possession. It's the law, maam.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">