• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Underage-Speeding Tickets.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fannie1990

What is the name of your state? Oregon

I'm seventeen years old, I have had my license for a little more then a year not. I got a speeding ticket in the beginning of October, and then again I got one in the middle of March. I know this will affect my insurance, but will/can I get my license taken away? Its been a month and nothing has been said, but I was just curious because people have told me many different things.

Thanks.

FlyingRon

Straight from the Oregon DMV site:

In addition, the Oregon Driver Improvement Program is stricter for drivers younger than 18 than it is for adults:

* If a driver younger than 18 gets two traffic violations, two crashes or one crash and one violation, DMV will restrict the driver’s privileges. For the 90-day restriction, the driver many drive only for employment purposes and may not have any passenger except a parent, stepparent or guardian.
* If a driver younger than 18 gets a third traffic violation or crash, DMV will suspend the driver for six months. The suspension will continue when the driver turns 18, and any additional violations or crashes reported to DMV before the driver turns 18 will invoke another concurrent six-month suspension.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">