• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unfair ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Bobby10

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New Jersey.

Hi , while my parents dropped me off at school then when they were returning back they were stopped by a sheriff. The sheriff then gave them a ticket for passing a school bus and failure to exhibit a registration. My parents did not see a bus and I trust them and believe my dad since his driving record for 11 years is very clean and he is a cautious driver. When the cop asked for their registration , they kept showing ones that were expired so when the cop came back with the ticket they managed to find the one that was valid. The cop was like too late. As for the bus I'm pretty sure he got them confused with another car as there is another school nearby and when the cop stopped my parents he didn't stopped them from behind he was coming on the southbound lane while my parents were going up on the northbound lane . On the ticket he didn't check the box that says " court date appearance " . Thank you

asiny

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New Jersey.

Hi , while my parents dropped me off at school then when they were returning back they were stopped by a sheriff. The sheriff then gave them a ticket for passing a school bus and failure to exhibit a registration. My parents did not see a bus and I trust them and believe my dad since his driving record for 11 years is very clean and he is a cautious driver. When the cop asked for their registration , they kept showing ones that were expired so when the cop came back with the ticket they managed to find the one that was valid. The cop was like too late. As for the bus I'm pretty sure he got them confused with another car as there is another school nearby and when the cop stopped my parents he didn't stopped them from behind he was coming on the southbound lane while my parents were going up on the northbound lane . On the ticket he didn't check the box that says " court date appearance " . Thank you
I suggest you tell mommy and/or daddy to come here and post a question... as you seem to not have one. And getting the story from you, who were not there and did not witness it, is useless.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
I doubt the sheriff stopped them. I am guessing it was a deputy. ;)

Let your father fight his own battle. You were not present so you have no way of knowing what really happened.

I'm sure your father is capable of following the instructions on the ticket and having it adjudicated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">