• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unfair ticket help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Dodenhoff

I am from Horry County in South Carolina; I was issued a reckless driving ticket at 7:10 on 4-09-06. When leaving a gas station I was in an argument with my girlfriend (no importance just info), I was very upset and when leaving I accelerated hard, my wheels slipped but then quickly caught traction. I was in a Chrysler 300c which is equipped with ESP (electronic skid protection) and Traction control, not to mention new tires with only around 1,000 miles on them. The car is impossible to "Burnout" as the officer stated I had done, I even checked the site the next day for tire marks to find there were none. I went to court thinking that it would be reduced to improper start. I plead not guilty, went before the judge and told him that what I had done was irresponsible and that I assure him it would never happen again. The judge found me guilty and issued reckless driving, I caused no damage, and no one was even close to me at the time of the incident. I am in college work 2 jobs and will graduate with honors from Coastal Carolina with a Biology degree in December; I have been accepted to Med school, but that is contingent on that nothing is on my record. Reckless driving will be a reason not to accept me; I can’t let this happen I have worked to hard to lose everything for a mistake. Is there anything I can do?

sukharev

Well, not much. You can try to appeal (instructions should have been given to you), and that's the only option left. It may cost you some money, but worth a shot. Did you take pictures of the roadway to show there were no skid marks?

Just FYI, here is where you made a mistake:
what I had done was irresponsible and that I assure him it would never happen again
This was admitting guilt, and at that moment your not guilty plea was thrown out of the window.

I agree with you, reckless driving is a serious charge, and should not have been used in your case. But, it was. So, once again, the only thing you can do is appeal.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">