• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Uninsured ticket while on off road ATV

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kx125

What is the name of your state? New York

I received two seperate tickets (no accident) both for driving without insurance, while on an ATV and the other on a dirtbike. I was convicted on both and had my license revoked for a year on both counts (this was 2-3 years ago) since then a friend of mine got the same ticket while also on an atv and the uninsured motorist ticket was dropped b/c the judge said you cannot insure an off road atv/dirtbike for street use so the ticket didnt hold water.

dmv in s.i told me in order to restore my driving priv I would have to pay $750 x 2 for both offenses. I'm thinking I'm going to try and appeal but could use some advice if there's any out there.

Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">