• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unjust car towing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Blanketree

My car was apparently towed at 2:38 am, this morning from my condo parking space, which I have a valid permit for, because it was parked backwards. I had no prior knowledge of this rule and there are no signs posted warning about this. When I paid the $187 fee to get my car back from the towing company, there was a "Warning Notification" on my car, obviously the warning was recieved after I paid the fine, since it was placed on my car at 2:40 in the morning. This was my first offense as the ticket says. I had no prior warning about this. What can I do to get reimbursed? There is apparently a rule book, though I never received one. Thank you
Allison

FarmerJ

Review the rules of the condo Assoc . Since this occured on private property . If there is no so called rule about parking other than that the car must display the permit in a specific place then Insist on knowing who called and if it was a so called manager, tell them you want the money back or will make a claim in civil court to have it returned to you .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">