• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

unlawful U-turn

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Sara Wenger

What is the name of your state? Wisconsin
I was given a citation by a State Patrol officer for an unlawful U-turn on a divided highway yesterday. The no U-turn sign was visible, but I thought that, since no one was behind me for at least 1/2 mile and the southbound lanes that I turned onto were clear for about 1/4 mile. The next turn off was about 5 miles north, and I chose to turn around in the center median strip. I have an excellent driving record, and honestly do not ever recall having done this before. I was already late for work and that was the reason I chose not to go the extra distances.
I was fined $138.20 and three points.
Can I fight this in any way? When the officer approached my window, I said that I didn't know where I was supposed to turn around and he said at the next exit. I accepted the ticket and the officer said he was sorry.
Please e-mail me, as I am not sure that I will be able to locate your answer on the bulletin board. ([email protected])Your advice is greatly appreciated.
Sara

racer72

To fight a ticket you need to have a plausible defense. You have none.

If you checked the box for email notification, you will receive an email notifying you that someone responded to your post and you would even get a link to your post.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">