• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unlicensed Operator/Allowing Unlicensed to Operate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cdmorenot

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New Jersey.

Hello all,

Earlier this week while driving on the Palisades Interstate Parkway in Alpine, NJ I was pulled over for a minor speeding violation.

I received a summons for that and i also received one for driving without a license "411.1(C) - Unlicensed Operator" I contacted the clerk and they told me that this ordinance code is only used within the Palisades Interstate Park Commission and that it is very similar to statue 39:3-10.

My uncle to whom the vehicle i was driving is registered to received a summons in the mail for "39:3-37.1(B) - Allowing Unlicensed Person To Drive"

This is my second violation for driving without a license for unrelated issues i cannot obtain a valid one just yet.

This is the first violation of the kind for my uncle and the first violation in 15 years.

My question is .... What kind of plea should my uncle enter "guilty with explanation, or just guilty" also what is the punishment for this (worst case - best case )

And also what could happen to me ? Last time I received a fine for $180 dollars.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">