• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unpaid speeding ticket help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rubthynayber

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

So, about 6 1/2 years ago, I was on a cross country road trip with friends and got pulled over in either Illinois/Missouri and Florida with a California driver license. I planned to pay when I was home but I lost the tickets and didnt know what counties. I moved to NJ soon after and wasnt living at the address if they sent anything to remind to pay or show up. A few months later, I got my NJ license. And its since been renewed and even an accident w/ ticket so I know nothing showed up there. I just moved back to California and want to get my license here. Will I be able to?

Oh... and I'd pay my tickets if I could figure out an easy way how. So if anyone knows how I can do that, please let me know

Thanks

rubthynayber

Nobody seems to be able to help me without me knowing what my CA license # is.

It seems stupid to give up my NJ license that I know isnt suspended but I would like to have my CA ID.

CdwJava

If you go to the DMV and provide your name and birthdate, they should be able to pull up any reported traffic violations or court orders that are causing a hold on your license. These will have court codes which can tell them out of which court the abstract or order has been reported.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">