• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unpaid Super Speeder Ticket and Suspension

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? GA

About... March-April of 2013 I got a speeding ticket for doing 93 in a 70. It was my first ticket in around five years. I was driving someone to Augusta, GA and got the ticket in the middle of a five hour trip. It was stupid and I shouldn't have been doing it, but I digress...

So I paid the ticket.. then got the super speeder ticket (I paid for the initial ticket with my tax return and then paid for all the bills and whatnot) but I am a full time student and a single mother (child was not in the car, if anyone would like to know. ) so most of my money (if not all) goes to childcare and bills.. Things kept happening and I could not pay in time. My license was suspended in August 2013.. I did not drive a day until I got the money to get it back in August 2014 (nearly a full year).. Now I have my own car, insurance paid up, etc.

I am currently looking into some driving jobs. I got lucky and one of my friends is a manager at a pizza shop nearby and is hiring drivers. The main reason I am looking into this is because its in a good high income area of town and most of the delivery drivers come home with 50-100 in tips nightly. I asked about requirements regarding driving records.. and all he asked was, "Do you have any suspensions in the last five years?".... That being said.. Given that the initial ticket was paid on time and the full amount plus penalties for the super speeder fee was paid (albeit a year late)... does the unpaid super speeder ticket show up? Or if it does, will it look the same as a DUI, etc? Also, would this late ticket payment have any influence on decisions regarding a driving position?

The Occultist

If the employer has requirements regarding your MVR, you can bet that they will run your record. At that point, they'll be able to see what is there and make their decision from there. Takes the guesswork out.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">