• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

unpaid ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

South Carolina

On a cross country trip several months ago I received a simple ticket for going 8 mph over (less than 100$ I believe) on the interstate while going through the state. I incidentally lost the ticket and forgot about it. I live in NC but the address on my drivers license is in Colorado where my parents live, and it is a Florida driver's license. Anyway, about a month ago my parents told me they got something in the mail about a ticket. I remembered the ticket but being dumb and busy let paying it be put off again till it passed out of my memory.

Anyway, I think I am now long past the deadline.
How can I make this go away as quickly as possible? Am I wanted in SC? I don't remember what county I was even in when I got the ticket so how do I go about fixing this? Can I pay the original ticket over the phone with a credit card plus a penalty for paying late? How can I make this go away as quickly and painless as possible? I really can't easily spend a full work day driving down to SC to take care of a $100 ticket.

Where to go from here?

HomeGuru

South Carolina

On a cross country trip several months ago I received a simple ticket for going 8 mph over (less than 100$ I believe) on the interstate while going through the state. I incidentally lost the ticket and forgot about it. I live in NC but the address on my drivers license is in Colorado where my parents live, and it is a Florida driver's license. Anyway, about a month ago my parents told me they got something in the mail about a ticket. I remembered the ticket but being dumb and busy let paying it be put off again till it passed out of my memory.

Anyway, I think I am now long past the deadline.
How can I make this go away as quickly as possible? Am I wanted in SC? I don't remember what county I was even in when I got the ticket so how do I go about fixing this? Can I pay the original ticket over the phone with a credit card plus a penalty for paying late? How can I make this go away as quickly and painless as possible? I really can't easily spend a full work day driving down to SC to take care of a $100 ticket.

Where to go from here?

**A: I suggest you refrain from being dumb and busy in the future. Why have you not contacted the court and asked what you need to do to resolve?

Last edited:

Hey There

Do I have this right?
1. You live in North Carolina
2. You got a traffic ticket in South Carolina
3. You have a Florida Driver's licence
4. Your Florida driver's licence has a Colorado address.

Regards,
Hey There

yes. live (but not in 1.5 weeks) in NC.
Have a Florida License.
Has a Colorado Address.
ticket was in SC.

I don't know which court to contact. I cant even remember where on 95? maybe a different interstate that i got the ticket.... do i just call the State Dept of highway safety?

Last edited:

HomeGuru

yes. live (but not in 1.5 weeks) in NC.
Have a Florida License.
Has a Colorado Address.
ticket was in SC.

I don't know which court to contact. I cant even remember where on 95? maybe a different interstate that i got the ticket.... do i just call the State Dept of highway safety?
**A: oh brother.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">