• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unpaid Toll

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

x1050us

What is the name of your state? PA

I am a resident of NJ and I received a citation for unpaid toll. I or my car was no where near the specified location in last 4 years. I was still in the bed at that time. I believe either the officer or the toll booth operator made a mistake in taking the vehicle number. Or a less likely scenario in which some one was using my number. As per the notes on the ticket, the operator instructed the driver to pull over to the shoulder and wait for the bridge police. But I don't know if the driver waited or left the scene. The ticket just came to me in the mail. The box for "Def signature" has "Certified Mail" written in it and the source of address is "registered owner". There is no indication that the officer or the operator checked the id of the driver.

I pleaded not guilty and paid the bail online. Now, please advice me on further action. I would like to know following details
1. Is trial by written declaration an option in PA ?
2. How to request discovery, evidence and testimony by the toll both operator and the officer. Who to address the request ? The court or the officer ? I only have the address of the police station that sent it.
3. Is this a moving violation or non-moving violation ? Will I get any points for this ?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">