• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unposted speed limit in Wisconsin

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dhilliard

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Wisconsin

I was given a ticket for going 74 mph. The speed limit on this freeway is 65 mph. The officer told me that the part of the highway I was speeding on was only 55 mph, so I was given a citation for going 19 mph over. I didn't remember seeing a sign reducing the speed limit to 55 mph (there had been some construction there). Two days later, I had my son videotape the one mile stretch where the officer said it was 55, and sure enough, no posted sign anywhere. I have this video evidence. Interestingly enough, two days later, they put a 55 mph speed limit sign up. Maybe they realized it was not posted. Can I dispute my citation, and get them to agree to reducing my citation to going 74 mph in a 65 mph?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">