• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

unsafe crossing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

likeig6

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

On a bicycle I crossed the street which is PCH in Malibu. I happened to do this in front of a motorcycle sheriff. he was heading north , I crossed and turned south. He did quick u turn and pulled me over. wrote ticket for unsfe crossing 21801/a vl) I felt safe in my crossing. he only asked why I didnt use the light t the intersection. and that I could lose my life If he felt safe turning in front of oncoming traffic after me, why ticket? Did I break the law, or was this his judgement call. Does he have to appear at the arrainment.

Silverplum

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

On a bicycle I crossed the street which is PCH in Malibu. I happened to do this in front of a motorcycle sheriff. he was heading north , I crossed and turned south. He did quick u turn and pulled me over. wrote ticket for unsfe crossing 21801/a vl) I felt safe in my crossing. he only asked why I didnt use the light t the intersection. and that I could lose my life If he felt safe turning in front of oncoming traffic after me, why ticket? Did I break the law, or was this his judgement call. Does he have to appear at the arrainment.
So you feel the officer should've only ticketed your dead body?

justalayman

21801. (a) The driver of a vehicle intending to turn to the left or
to complete a U-turn upon a highway, or to turn left into public or
private property, or an alley, shall yield the right-of-way to all
vehicles approaching from the opposite direction which are close
enough to constitute a hazard at any time during the turning
movement, and shall continue to yield the right-of-way to the
approaching vehicles until the left turn or U-turn can be made with
reasonable safety.
(b) A driver having yielded as prescribed in subdivision (a), and
having given a signal when and as required by this code, may turn
left or complete a U-turn, and the drivers of vehicles approaching
the intersection or the entrance to the property or alley from the
opposite direction shall yield the right-of-way to the turning
vehicle.
apparently the officer felt he was close enough constitute a hazard. You can always argue it with the courts.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">