+ Reply to Thread
    Late4ttime is offline Junior Member

Unsafe lane change

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Missouri

I was cited for making an unsafe lane change. Charge Code 4714805.0- my court date is August 22nd. To make matters a little different, I have an out of state license. I explained to the officer that I was out here living with my fiance until after our marriage, and then we are moving to Colorado in January. He explained the law but when asked said that he prolly wouldn't bother changing everything either if I was only going to be here a few more months. My concern is what will happen in court. I'm hoping to just say I was guilty of the lane change, receive my fine, pay it, and be done with it. But expecting the worse, what is the worst thing that can happen to me if the lack of Missouri license, plates is brought up? Is this something that I can get a license suspension for?

I have tried to get a Missouri license but due to an unpaid insurance judgement- I have a suspended license in Oregon. My current license in Washington State is completely fine. Any advice for an otherwise law abiding citizen? I know, I know- pay off the suspension in Oregon...I will be doing that after our weddings (1 in Wa. 1 in Mo.)

Thanks for any help.

Late-
    LSCAP is offline Member
    Usually, from what I''ve seen, judges dont add charges. If the cop didn't charge you, that should be it.
    I think if the judge wanted to add a charge, I would want to ask for a postponement to get a lawyer. Unless the DA made a deal with me.