• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unsafe Lane Change

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Poedgie

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I recently got a ticket for an unsafe lane change because I didn't use my blinker. While it is true that I didn't use my blinker, I think this ticket is totally bogus. Everyone knows if you put your blinker on no one lets you in, Just kidding. I had to swerve into the lane to avoid being hit, that's why I didn't signal. What are my chances of beating the rap?

sandyclaus

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I recently got a ticket for an unsafe lane change because I didn't use my blinker. While it is true that I didn't use my blinker, I think this ticket is totally bogus. Everyone knows if you put your blinker on no one lets you in, Just kidding. I had to swerve into the lane to avoid being hit, that's why I didn't signal. What are my chances of beating the rap?
Exponentially microscopic.

If you had to swerve to avoid being hit, it wasn't safe to make the lane change in the first place. Add to that the fact that no one knew you were moving over (no blinker) and pretty much seals the deal.

My advice? Stop looking for an out and pay your ticket.

Poedgie

Exponentially microscopic.

If you had to swerve to avoid being hit, it wasn't safe to make the lane change in the first place. Add to that the fact that no one knew you were moving over (no blinker) and pretty much seals the deal.

My advice? Stop looking for an out and pay your ticket.
Yes, are so right. Swerving to avoid being hit is unsafe. I should have stood my ground and got hit. After reading the mostly bombastic responses from the Grand Pooh Baahs of this forum the old saying "You get what you pay for" never rang truer. It seems the only purpose of this free advice forum is to belittle the poor souls asking advice and to out do one another with your ever so witty responses. My advice to you...get a life.

racer72

Yes, are so right. Swerving to avoid being hit is unsafe. I should have stood my ground and got hit. After reading the mostly bombastic responses from the Grand Pooh Baahs of this forum the old saying "You get what you pay for" never rang truer. It seems the only purpose of this free advice forum is to belittle the poor souls asking advice and to out do one another with your ever so witty responses. My advice to you...get a life.
Another satisfied customer.

OHRoadwarrior

It sounds like you will testify to one set of circumstances, the officer will testify to another. He will be more credible than you and you will be found guilty. Anything else we can help you with?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">