• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

unsafe lane change infraction;

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

grgoffe

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California.

Howdy,

I am trying to fight a "unsafe lane change" infraction. From what I have seen of the codes in California, I have observed all of them. In searching for info I see at the bottom of this url "https://forum.freeadvice.com/speeding-other-moving-violations-13/unsafe-lane-change-388244.html" I see a suggestion of filing a discovery request. Who should I file this request with please?

Regards,

George...

I_Got_Banned

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California.

Howdy,

I am trying to fight a "unsafe lane change" infraction. From what I have seen of the codes in California, I have observed all of them. In searching for info I see at the bottom of this url "https://forum.freeadvice.com/speeding-other-moving-violations-13/unsafe-lane-change-388244.html" I see a suggestion of filing a discovery request. Who should I file this request with please?

Regards,

George...
You file it with the court where you're appearing and you serve it on the District Attorney for the county where you were cited. It must be addressed to the DA's office at the courthouse where you're appearing.

Lastly, if you going to request your discovery request for the sake of discovery (meaning you would like to receive the documents you can get) then I would also serve a copy upon the law enforcement agency that issued your citation. Chances are, the response you may receive from the DA will direct you to do that anyway, so you're saving yourself some time by doing it ahead of time.

Good luck...

I_Got_Banned

Howdy,

I forgot to thank you for your response.

Regards,

George...
Not a problem... By the way, I might add that in some incorporated cities in California, the City Attorney might be the one who is called upon to address Discovery requests... So if you don't hear back from the DA, I'd send out a copy of the same request to the City Attorney instead. You should also file a cope of that in court as well.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">