• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unsignaled Turn

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

oregonaccord

What is the name of your state? Oregon

Traffic conditions: No other cars on any of the streets at a 4 way intersection

I was travelling north on a two-lane road when I decided to make a left turn. I mistakenly forgot to use my left turn signal. There were no cars travelling opposite me and none behind or on the street that I was turning on to.

A motorcycle cop came out of nowhere and issued me a citation. I had violated 811.335 "unsignaled turn" according to the ticket. Base fine in Oregon is $94, which doesn't much bug me, but it's the insurance costs over the next 3 years that do.

I haven't received a ticket for over 4 years now and I have a good driving record. I'm always safe and courteous to other drivers.

Is there any way I can get out of this ticket? Are there options such as a drivers education course that would clear the ticket from my record, or community service of some sort? Anything that would keep this off my record would be great. Any advice is appreciated.

racer72

You want a way to get out of something you admit to doing. That is not the purpose of these forums. Nothing in your post suggests the citation was not warranted or valid. If you want to fight the ticket, I would suggest looking in your local yellow pages under attorney. You will find a whole bunch of them willing to take your money and you might get lucky and find one that can help. Have a good day, and good luck, you'll need it.

oregonaccord

racer72 said:
You want a way to get out of something you admit to doing. That is not the purpose of these forums. Nothing in your post suggests the citation was not warranted or valid. If you want to fight the ticket, I would suggest looking in your local yellow pages under attorney. You will find a whole bunch of them willing to take your money and you might get lucky and find one that can help. Have a good day, and good luck, you'll need it.
I was looking for alternatives to actually having the ticket stay on my record. Not get out of responsibility.

Apparently you are of no help.

I've heard previously of people getting tickets deferred for driver education courses etc, can anyone verify this for Oregon?

S

shell007

I haven't received a ticket for over 4 years now and I have a good driving record. I'm always safe and courteous to other drivers
If you have a good clean driving record...how is one "unsignaled turn violation"
going to raise your insurance rates?

Now I am curious as to how many points this violation carries!

oregonaccord said:
Are there options such as a drivers education course that would clear the ticket from my record, or community service of some sort?
Al depends what agncy cited you. Who was it?

justalayman

racer72 said:
The problem with a law like this is if one doesn't signal it makes no difference. It affects no other driver. Indiana has a nice exception to signaling. If no driver is within a distance that it would affect them then turn signal not required.

Gee that would make too much common sense to do something like that

sukharev

justalayman said:
The problem with a law like this is if one doesn't signal it makes no difference. It affects no other driver. Indiana has a nice exception to signaling. If no driver is within a distance that it would affect them then turn signal not required.

Gee that would make too much common sense to do something like that
In MAssachusetts, nobody signals anyhow. That does not make it less illegal, people just use their "common sense" too often, so police gave up :D

justalayman

sukharev said:
In MAssachusetts, nobody signals anyhow. That does not make it less illegal, people just use their "common sense" too often, so police gave up :D
Sounds like a real easy way for the state to increase revenue to me :D

Labtec600

That cop had to be bored to death.

I have never heard of anyone getting a ticket for this. Pulled over, yeah just to put your name thru the system, but a ticket?

sukharev

Labtec600 said:
That cop had to be bored to death.

I have never heard of anyone getting a ticket for this. Pulled over, yeah just to put your name thru the system, but a ticket?
Well, now you have. Drivers, beware, show turning light or else :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">